Update: Re-opening Castle and Museum on 29th June
On Monday 29th June we are delighted to be re-opening the Castle (pre-book tour here) and Irish Agricultural Museum (self-guided). The gardens, lake walks and woodland play area have been open since 8th June.
Our opening hours are: 9.00am to 5.30pm, (last entry 4.30pm). Restroom facilities will be available at our Visitor Centre and we are introducing a hatch service at the Visitor Centre for tea, coffee and snacks to enjoy al fresco on the property. The use of contactless payment will be greatly appreciated. Please read details of our re-opening here.
Johnstown Castle Estate, Museum & Gardens is a ten-minute drive from Wexford town. Follow signage from the N25.
The Daily Ticket rates include entry to the Irish Agricultural Museum, Ornamental Gardens and Lake Walks. Entry to the Castle and Servants’ Tunnel which is by guided tour (pre-booked) is extra. See below prices. Book your castle visit here.
|Entry to Gardens & Museum||Castle Guided Tour
|Child (Under 5)||Free||Free|
|Family (2 Adults + 4 Children)||€24||€11|
Annual Membership of the Irish Heritage Trust is also available with many benefits. Information is available here.
PLAN YOUR VISIT
Johnstown Castle Estate, Museum & Gardens offers an abundance of activities for all ages. We recommend allowing a minimum of 2-3 hours to fully enjoy the site:
- Enjoy a guided tour of the restored 19th-century Castle and unique servants’ tunnel – the longest domestic servants’ tunnel in Ireland
- Take a look at the fascinating Irish Agricultural Museum which displays one of the most comprehensive exhibits of farming and rural life in Ireland
- Explore over 4km of the picturesque lake and ornamental garden walks – including the fully accessible new 1.5km lower lake walk, great for all members of the family including our dog friends!
- Take your children to the new woodland children’s play area beside the new lower lake walk.
- Relax with your picnic around the lakes and watch the peacocks strut by displaying their finery at the castle lakeside with its Gothic towers, waterfall and statues.
- We advise you to pre-book your castle tour to avoid disappointment. Book here.
- Our car park is free, we look forward to welcoming you to our new Visitor Centre including the café and retail area.
The Castle is fully accessible on guided tours and a lift is available if required. We advise caution when walking through the 86 metre underground tunnel. The Irish Agricultural Museum’s first floor is fully accessible with a lift. Johnstown Castle Estate, Museum & Gardens is an extensive estate, including the Daniel Robertson Ornamental Gardens and the new 1.5km lower lake walk. For those with mobility issues, conditions are variable depending on the weather. Please contact a staff member for more information in advance of your visit, on 053 9184671.
Visitor Centre and Café
Our purpose-built Visitor Centre is open all year round and includes a 160 seat Café with indoor and outdoor seating, provides a welcoming environment to relax and revive. We serve soup, a wide variety of sandwiches, delicious desserts and drinks. Gluten-free options are available. Please note that the last servings in the Café are 30 minutes before closing.