Johnstown Castle Estate, Museum and Gardens Membership
A brand new “3 in 1” visitor experience at Johnstown Castle, Co. Wexford is set to be unveiled at the Castle, Museum and Gardens in May 2019. This is a hugely exciting addition for Irish tourism and is set to be one of Ireland’s foremost tourist attractions.
Johnstown Castle Estate, Museum and Gardens is a beautiful national treasure which needs significant ongoing work and a substantial amount remains to be done in the coming years. A great deal of time, attention and consideration was given to the new membership structure at Johnstown Estate.
Members will have full access to an extensive site including:
- Guided tours of the Castle and servants’ tunnel
- The Irish Agricultural Museum
- The Ornamental Grounds with walks around the spectacular upper and lower lakes
- A new woodland play area beside the lower lake
- A new walk around the lower lake including additional pathways.
Members will also be able to avail of:
- Free entry to many of the annual events, including Easter and Halloween family events
- Free entrance and guided tours to two other Irish Heritage Trust properties (www.irishheritagetrust.ie) will be available to members: Fota House, Arboretum & Gardens in Cork and the National Famine Museum & Strokestown Park in Roscommon.
In addition to all of this, those who purchase membership will help to ensure that Johnstown Castle, Estate, Museum and Gardens will thrive for future generations to enjoy.
Johnstown Castle will be operated by the Irish Heritage Trust, an independent charity which was set up to bridge the gap between those heritage properties fully supported by direct public funding and those in private ownership.
The Trust works to build financially resilient heritage properties through a combination of strategies, including commercial activities, membership, volunteering and corporate/other partnerships. This is necessary to ensure that heritage properties like Johnstown Castle and its surrounding gardens and lakes can be supported, conserved and developed over the longer term for the benefit of the communities living in proximity to them.
This is the just beginning of the next phase of Johnstown’s journey and we hope members and new visitors will find lots to enjoy. The Irish Heritage Trust plans to continuously reinvest in Johnstown Castle Estate, Museum and Gardens so that visitors and members experiences are constantly improving and changing according to the high standards expected in today’s world.
Please contact: email@example.com or telephone 053 9184671.
1 Adult €47.00
2 Adults €80.00
Concession (OAP / Student) €40.00
Family: 2 Adults + 4 children (under 16)* €140.00