RE-OPENING GARDENS & LAKE WALKS 7 DAYS A WEEK
Having re-opened our beautiful gardens & lake walks and recently to Irish Heritage Trust members at Johnstown Castle Estate Museum & Gardens, we are delighted to welcome back the general public from Monday 8th June including the woodland playground.
We have a takeaway food and beverage offering at our visitor centre for you to enjoy al fresco at the property and our visitor centre shop has also re-opened. We are busy planning a range of outdoor activities for all to enjoy during the summer months, including outdoor trails.
Community is at the heart of everything that we do, and we will continue to put in place measures to ensure that you have an enjoyable and safe visit to Johnstown Castle Estate & Gardens. We will be closely monitoring our numbers at all times to ensure that visitors can maintain social distancing. In order to support us in our efforts, please note the following:
- From Monday 8th June our opening hours are: 9.00am to 5.00pm, (last entry 4.00pm) 7 days a week
- Please observe social distancing guidelines and follow our one-way system in the gardens and lake walks
- The use of contactless payment will be greatly appreciated.
- We are asking parents and guardians of children using the playground to supervise their children at all times, in line with existing physical distancing and hygiene guidelines. We will be doing our utmost to regularly disinfect playground equipment throughout the day but we ask that children’s hands are regularly sanitised and that you support us in our efforts to ensure that the playground at Johnstown Castle Estate, Museum & Gardens is a safe place for children and families to enjoy throughout the summer.
- Please dispose of any single-use materials responsibly and follow leave no trace principles www.leavenotraceireland.org
- Daily rates are: Adult €9, Family €24 (2 adults + 4 children), Child €4 (Age 5-16/under 5s are free), Concession €7. If you are interested in taking out membership, please click here.
We look forward to welcoming you to Johnstown Castle Estate, Museum & Gardens to enjoy the gardens and lake walks and we appreciate your support in our efforts to protect everyone.