We are delighted to be re-opening Johnstown Castle and the Irish Agricultural Museum once again on Monday 29th June. We have been busy behind the scenes preparing everything so that our staff, members and visitors are kept safe.
The Museum continues to be self-guided and we ask that you follow our one-way directional signage. Please note that castle tours need to be pre-booked online in order to accommodate numbers and to allow social distancing during the tour. Click here to book your tour.
We have a takeaway food and beverage offering at our visitor centre for you to enjoy al fresco at the property. Our visitor centre retail area is also open. We are planning a range of outdoor activities for all to enjoy during the summer months, including outdoor trails.
Community is at the heart of everything that we do, and we will continue to put in place measures to ensure that you have an enjoyable and safe visit to Johnstown Castle Estate & Gardens. We will be closely monitoring our numbers at all times to ensure that visitors can maintain social distancing. In order to support us in our efforts, please note the following:
- Our opening hours are: 9.00am to 5.30pm, (last entry 4.30pm) 7 days a week
- Please observe social distancing guidelines and follow our one-way systems in the museum, gardens and lake walks
- Full social distancing and sanitising protocols are in place for castle tour. Where possible, visitors are requested to wear facemasks for the duration of the tour, which, if you do not already have, can be purchased for a nominal fee.
- The use of contactless payment will be greatly appreciated.
- We are asking parents and guardians of children using the playground to supervise their children at all times, in line with existing physical distancing and hygiene guidelines. We will be doing our utmost to regularly disinfect playground equipment throughout the day but we ask that children’s hands are regularly sanitised and that you support us in our efforts to ensure that the playground at Johnstown Castle Estate, Museum & Gardens is a safe place for children and families to enjoy throughout the summer.
- Please dispose of any single-use materials responsibly and follow leave no trace principles www.leavenotraceireland.org
- Daily rates are: Adult €9, Family €24 (2 adults + 4 children), Child €4 (Age 5-16/under 5s are free), Concession €7. If you are interested in taking out membership, please click here.
We look forward to welcoming you to Johnstown Castle Estate, Museum & Gardens to enjoy the gardens and lake walks and we appreciate your support in our efforts to protect everyone.