Terms and Conditions
- Your membership is with the Irish Heritage Trust. (IHT) IHT membership entitles you to free access to Johntown Castle Estate, Museum and Gardens, Fota House, Arboretum and Gardens and Strokestown Park and the National Famine Musuem.
- Your Membership is valid for one year from the date of issuance.
- Members must bring their membership card to gain access to the site for each visit.
- Membership entitles any guests you bring to 20% off the price of a daily ticket.
- Your ticket is non-transferable and must never be passed on to another individual (who is not entitled to use it). Regular routine checks will be carried out and misused cards may be confiscated.
- Family membership is capped at €140. It includes two adults plus dependent children living at the same address Children and dependents must accompanied by the named card holder for each visit.
- A charge of €5 will be made for lost / replacement cards.
- Children under 8 are permitted to use bicycles/scooters. Motorized toys are not permitted.
- Dogs are permitted in the gardens provided that they are kept on a short lead and dog waste is cleared up by owners.
- Weather warnings. In the events of a yellow weather warning, the Estate may close at the discretion of the management depending on local weather conditions. A decision will be made as early as possible and this will be communicated on our social media channels. Please phone reception directly if you do not have access to social media. In the event of an orange or red weather warning, the Estate will close. No additional days will be added to memberships for closures due to weather warnings.
- Johnstown Castle/the Irish Heritage Trust reserve the right to change the membership pass benefits and prices at any time without prior notice.
- No liability is accepted by the Irish Heritage Trust for loss or injury at Johnstown Castle Estate, Museum & Gardens.
- The Irish Heritage Trust reserves the right to alter or change these terms without notice.
Tickets for events are non refundable.